Volunteers & Visitors WELCOME
If you would like to volunteer:
- Bring your ID to school.
- Check in at the front office.
- Receive a visitor's badge.
- Go to the workroom.
- Check the volunteer box for tasks/projects you can do to help teachers and students.
We ask that volunteers not work in their children's classrooms. In the classroom, students are becoming more independent, developing interpersonal skills, and following teacher instructions. The presence of a parent in the classroom can sometimes change a student's behavior, focus, or willingness to comply with teacher directions. This policy was created to avoid these possible distractions to learning.
However, we do have teachers who love to have parent volunteers help directly in their classrooms. If you are interested in reading, or facilitating small group activities for a teacher, please let the PTA volunteer coordinator know. She will be happy to put you in touch with a teacher who needs your direct help.
Ways To Volunteer
- Join PTA
- Lead Activities
- Field Day
- Field Trips
- Shelve Library Books
- Read to Students
A Few Items of Interest
- We guard instructional time at HCES! There is so much to learn in every grade level that we avoid disrupting the classroom except in the case of emergencies.
- If students arrive late, we escort them to class as quickly as possible so they don’t miss out on any learning.
- We do not send parents to the classrooms during instructional time for deliveries or visits.
- We do not put phone calls through to the classroom during instructional time.
- Parents can, and are encouraged, to schedule conferences and/or observations in classrooms.
- Parents are invited and encouraged to be part of their child’s education at HCES.
- Please only send invitations to be distributed at school if there is an invitation for every member of the class.
- We cannot host birthday parties in classrooms.
- If you wish to bring a treat for the class on your child’s birthday, please contact the teacher to schedule a drop off time. Cupcakes, cookies, etc. are kept in the front office until the teacher is ready to distribute them to students (always after lunch).
- Due to the prevalence of allergies, please purchase and bring to school only store bought items with ingredients listed.
- Our primary goal is to keep each child safe and secure.
- We want you to feel welcome and wanted at House Creek! However, we must always keep the needs of ALL students first. Adult requests can only be granted when they do not compromise the safety or learning time of any child. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- If you ever have questions or concerns, please contact our principal, Larea Gamble, at 254-518-3000 or stop by for a visit.
What can you do to help your child succeed at school?
- Develop a partnership with the school! Be an active parent/participant!
- Cultivate a relationship with the teacher(s). It takes time, patience, and energy to develop new relationships, but it is worth the investment.
- Children mirror their parents’ values. If parents value the educators in their children’s lives, the children will also value
- school and education.
“It’s all about LEARNING at House Creek Elementary!”
We’re glad you and your family are “In the HOUSE”!