Who are school counselors?
“School counselors work to maximize student success, promoting access and equity for all students. As vital members of the school leadership team, school counselors create a school culture of success for all.” (ASCA)
- How will I do this for your student?
- Advocate, advocate, advocate!!
- Help your student learn to manage their emotions using skills they have and the ones they will learn.
- Provide Guidance Lessons for all students on topics relevant to House Creek students.
- Identify student challenges and needs and address them.
- Collaborate with families, teachers, administrators, and the community to provide the most useful tools necessary for student growth and achievement.
- Other: individual and group counseling; participate in campus initiatives that honor students, family, and community; work closely with staff to understand the needs of students; offer after-school clubs that focus on building useful and positive character.
Clubs offered through the Counseling Department:
Our Award-winning Team participates in multiple opportunities throughout the school year to strengthen and celebrate our amazing students. Service projects, leadership development, and a strong work ethic are just a few of the topics discussed.
This group of 4th and 5th graders work hard to Help Others Problem-solve Effectively. As peer mediators, these students learn the art of communication and conflict resolution.
For questions or concerns, please contact Amy Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call House Creek Elementary at 254-518-3000.